Kinclaith Signatory Cask Strength Collection 40 Years 1969/2009
|Article:||Kinclaith Signatory Cask Strength Collection 40 Years 1969/2009|
|Whisk(e)y type:||Scotch Single Malt|
|Number of bottles:||217|
Kinclaith had the distinction of being the last malt distillery to be built in Glasgow. It was sited on the complex housing the Strathclyde grain distillery. After completion in 1957, the vast bulk of Kinclaith's output is believed to have been used in the Long John blends. The Kinclaith distillery was dismantled shortly after the sale of Long John to Whitebread in 1975.
Kinclaith has therefore always been extremely rare as a single malt bottling. This bottling is the last from the very small number of casks, which they were fortunate enough to be able to preserve for bottling.
Andrew W. Symington, Managing Director of Signatory, was touched, that the cask had originally been filled for the account of J.G. Turney & Sons Ltd., a Company which owned Edradour Distillery from the late 1930's until the late 1970's; the distillery which Signatory acquired in 2002. So in Addition to being one of the oldest Kinclaith 's known to have been bottled, this may very well also have been the last J.G. Turney cask in existence.
|Country of origin:||Scotland|
|Company:||Signatory Vintage Scotch Whisky Co. Ltd.|
|Address:||Edradour Distillery Pitlochry, Perthshire Scotland PH16 5JP|